Cork Challenge (champagne, wine, cava, cider, liquor)
Valérie Itey, one of our founders, is originally from Bordeaux, a city known for its wine excellence, so we obviously had to include a cork challenge!
Natural cork is one of the few forms of natural material that is completely eco-friendly. Unlike plastic corks, cork is renewable, fully recyclable, biodegradable, and 100% natural, with a negative carbon impact.
Cork producers are over-exploitating cork oak tree forests which leads to a shortening time between harvests. This has disastrous effects on the forests, like with the impact of parasitic fungi. Hence the importance of recycling contributes to the sustainable management of this resource.
What's the point of recycling? The recycling of corks allows the manufacture of cork granules for insulation and boards for parquet floors. Cork is a very good thermal and acoustic insulator, resistant to vibrations and water. It can also be very useful for more commonly used products such as cork boards, chairs, designer items, even shoe soles, and yoga support block.
If you are a business or an individual, this challenge is for you
We have several programs for various types of partners:
- Member of Public Collecter: join the cork recycling movement by collecting corks from your customers in your shop window.
- Private Collection Partner Collect: cork with a private cork recycling container behind your business environment.
- Event partner Collect cork at your public or private event.
- Reuse partner Buy recycled granulated cork from our partners to use in their products.
- Retail Partner Own the history of recycled cork in your storefront
- Closed Circuit Partner Collect cork and sell products that our community has managed to make.
Join the CORCHOS CHALLENGE movement of Clic Recycle,
Thank you for your interest in joining the cork recycling movement.
Complete the form to let us know what type of association is right for you.
Upon completion, we will contact you to guide you through the rest of the process
Participate in this challenge send us your corks and you will receive points, and much more
You just have to recycle the corks